Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Wrap-Up: Library, Shooting, Snow, Handy Helper

I love the library! It was one of my favorite places as a child and it's a favorite with my own kids. One of the local public libraries is just down the street from the boys' school. This is a little quiet reading section that Ezra goes straight to when we get to the library. He usually picks out a couple books and looks at them in the rocking chair or on one of the couches.
Steve and I finally found a local babysitter. She actually lives right across the street from us and even goes to our church! She has babysat for us a few times, giving Steve and I some much-appreciated date time. Our first date (in a long time) was to a shooting range with our new Christmas presents. It was my first time with rifles or pistols and it was good education! I felt like a tough chick!
(No, that is neither an automatic nor an assault rifle. It shoots small caliber .22 rounds, one at a time.)

We had another snow day in January. This one caused a 2-hour school delay, so while we waited for school, the boys "geared up" and hit the slopes. Fun! Check out that snowboard -- it's as tall as Ezra!
The boys even made a snowman that morning. I didn't get a picture of it, but it was sure cute!
Daniel had red, rosy cheeks when he came in from playing in the snow.
Ezra was looking for something to do one day so I gave him an apron and some dishes to clean. The sunlight coming in the window combined with a smudge on my camera lens to create quite the angelic scene.

1 comment:

  1. Holly with a gun... looks dangerous lol
    it is so funny to follow your diaries

    Hello to all of you from Germany. Hope your all fine. Sabrina Joshua & Luca

    ReplyDelete